All ignited Minds are welcome here...!!!

Please come and Support us in Making this world a better place to live.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Homi Janhagir Bhabha with Eienstine




Dr. H. J. Bhabha

Date of Birth:Oct 30, 1909
Date of Death:1966
Place of Birth:Mumbai
The eminent scientist who ushered India into the atomic age was Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha. He was born on 30 October 1909 in a Parsi family of Mumbai. He is called the 'Father of Indian Nuclear Science'. Dr.Bhabha was appointed the first chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, set up in 1948. It was largely due to his efforts that the nation's first Atomic research Center, now named Bhabha Atomic research Center, was established at Trombay, near Mumbai. Under his expert guidance the nation's first atomic reactor 'Apsara' was also commissioned in 1956. In 1945, he founded the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai. Dr.Bhabha had a highly distinguished career and was an exceptionally bright student. Even as a student, he made some fundamental discoveries in electricity, magnetism, quantum theory and the cosmic rays. Dr.Bhabha as the scientist of a very high caliber, received many national and international awards and honours. In 1942, he was awarded the 'Adams' award. In 1951, Bhabha was elected the president of the Indian Science Congress. In 1955, he was elected the chairman of the U.N. sponsored International conference on the peaceful uses of the atomic energy held in Geneva. The Government of India also honoured him with 'Padma Bhushan' in 1954. The 'Homi Jehangir Bhabha Award' has been instituted by Indian National Science Academy. He passed away in 1966 in a plane crash.

2 comments:

remanbhargav@gmail.com said...

Great and UNIQUE.....

Unknown said...

Respected sir/madam i am really very upset with my result . I know that not a single student has not done more work than me but than also the judges did not gave me the numbers i dont know why this thing happened with me .You know I have serveyed 50 farmers by going village to village .I have met 17 doctors to know about the harms of chemical fertilizers. I have met the profesors of the medical colleges I have met 21 students of the medical college to know about hte harms of the chemical fertilizers . I have met 3 members of Kishan Call centre I have practised two experiments I have Got the soil testing report of both the fields . I had show the sample of the crops grown in both the fields and i had made the organic pesticide at home also . I have Made the beautiful Charts than all the students thet were sitting in my room my charts were representing my work, i have submittedthe log book and i have submitted the Abstract formate . I had given the prove of all the work that is done by me . But I dont know that why i am unselected. Ihad called a meeting of farmer during the servey . I am shocked to hear this thing that other students of my room are selected and i am not selected for the national level because i have compared my work with all the participants of my room my work was very good than all the participants and all the participants were also praising me that You will come first .I had answered all the Queations properly that is asked by the students and the judges . Actually My Number was First and the Judges did not paid attention to the First presentation . Actually i am a villager and i know Many things about the farming And that is why I had Selected the topic of organic farming for improving soil and food quality .I practice the farming at village and I have the knowledge also about the farming .Sir/ mam it was an opportunity to show my knowledge to the others . Sir/mam It is my respect to you that please check and investigate about my project You will also think for a moment that how a boy can do such a hard work for the project .If is there any other participant that done more work than me so please Sir/mam tell me what extra work did he/she done more so that next time i will also do or Is there any mistake that is done by me so please tell me so that i can improve mistake and do more better next time . Sir/mam My name is kapil dev rajput district bhopal People public school bhanpur bhopal . Iam in the group 11-14 And my topic is organic farming for improving soil and food quality . Please send me the information about my mistake to my ID It is on Orkt----as kapildevrajput@rediffmail.com